SWORD feature implemented in repositories
Earlier this week, the next DeepGreen software update was rolled out to the production system. With this update, new SWORD status management options were integrated into the repository accounts. Repository operators can now view the status of their SWORD interface in their account and list which articles were successfully delivered to their repository with the last delivery or which articles had an error. For those articles that were not delivered, they can view the error message that their repository returned to DeepGreen. In addition, repository operators can now independently activate and deactivate their SWORD interface in DeepGreen.
You can now find a screencast on this topic on our website:
SWORD logging has been improved and expanded overall, so that DeepGreen administration can now better support troubleshooting.
Furthermore, the delivery method from DeepGreen to SWORD has been made configurable. Repository operators can now set in their account whether the articles (metadata, full texts and possibly additional materials) should be sent as one zip file or as individual files. We recommend “Single ZIP File” as the default setting.
A whole range of other bug fixes and change requests have been taken into account in this update:
- The embargo date is now displayed correctly and in a separate column in the routing history of the repository accounts.
- The display of publisher information has been corrected (if no publisher is specified in the metadata, the publisher field in the routing history is now left blank)
- Eprints repositories can be supplied via SWORD
- A new column for institutional identifiers has been added to the affiliation file.
- The routing history in the repository accounts can now be sorted by different criteria